Saturday, September 3, 2011

August Favorites ♥


Hey guys! WOW I can't believe it's already September!  The time is going by SOOOO fast!  Hope you enjoyed my August Favorites video!



Products Mentioned  

1.  Neutrogena oil free moisturizer for sensitive skin
 2.  Mica - #8 Tease Mineral Eyeshadow 
3.  MAC - Fuchsia Pigment Shadow 
4.  Too Faced - Pink Fire 
5.  MAC - Blot Powder Pressed (Medium Color) 
6.  MAC - Select Cover-Up Concealer (NC20)
7.  MAC - Aquadisiac Eyeshadow 
 8.  MAC - Scene
9.  Solano - Sleek 1 in Ceremic Flat Iron
10.  Bobbi Brown Foundation Brush
11.  Bobbi Brown Eye Smudge Brush
12.  Sephora Makeup Brush Shampoo


 Neutrogena oil free moisturizer
There is also one for combination skin.  It’s a very lightweight water based moisturizer and my face feels so soft and smooth whenever I apply this on my face.  Like I’ve mentioned before, I have acne prone skin and it is very sensitive so I have to be very careful on what I use. This product is very gentle on my face and it didn’t cause any break outs.  I wish this contained SPF, but overall this moisturizer works great and I highly recommend this for those who have sensitive or oily skin.



MAC - Blot Powder Pressed
If you have oily skin like me, this is for you.  It absorbs oils and reduces the appearance of shine on your face.  When you apply it, it’s like translucent, sheer, and doesn’t really add color to the face.  It kind of reminds me of baby powder. It sets the foundation and adds a great finishing touch to your makeup. It’s a lot similar to my bare escentuals mineral veil powder, but I really like this because I can carry it around with me and do frequent touch ups. I apply it first with a powder brush, and then I use the puff applicator that it comes with for touchups during the day.


MAC - Select Cover-Up
It’s a Liquid based concealer.  It has very great coverage, blends very well, lightens dark areas (like my dark circles), and evens out my skin tone.  I usually apply it with my fingers. 




[Aquadisiac, Scene] LOVE these colors!!!




Too Faced - Pink Fire
 It looks almost white when I apply it to my eyes.  I wish it looked more "pink".




Bobbi Brown Foundation Brush
This is SUCH a great brush to apply liquid or cream products to the face.  I use this brush to apply my bb cream and liquid based concealers.  It’s soooo Soft (It seriously feels like a feather).  It allows me to apply a TINY amount of product evenly and blends it so well to make it look very natural.



Bobbi Brown Eye Smudge Brush
It’s a very soft, rounded, smudging brush with a Tapered end to it. It’s designed to create a soft smokey eye look.   I use this brush to apply shadows, for shading, smudging, and blending.  The bristles are very dense and not so flimsy, so it picks up more color and allows you to smudge with precision.



Solano - Sleek 1 in Ceremic Flat Iron
I finally bought a new flat iron!  This is the Solano Sleek Flat Iron.  I LOVE this iron because it heats up SO QUICKLY in less than a second! It leaves my hair so soft, shiny, and smooth.  I can control the temperature from 170 to 450 F.  It also has rounded edges so it is great for curling too.  I actually like this iron more than my chi iron.




Sephora Makeup Brush Shampoo
It's is very important that you keep your makeup brushes clean at all times!  I shampoo all my brushes atleast once a week.  Of course I also do daily brush cleansing as well.  I use my MAC brush cleanser to clean my eye brushes and my Quick Change Bare Escentuals Brush Cleanser to clean my Bare Escentuals Brushes (after each time i use it).  I tend to break out if I use a makeup brush on my face that has not been cleaned.





[MICA - Tease, MAC - Fuchsia]

My friend gave me some of her MICA eyeshadow in this small container. I will be purchasing one after I’m done with all this because it’s such a pretty color! This one is the Mineral Eye Shadow in the color #8 Tease.  If you go to their website they have over 100 different colors.  This color is great to apply all over lids and on the lower lash lines. It’s highly pigmented, shimmery, and stays on for hours without creasing.




Shop 

Too Faced Pink Fire 10% OFF COUPON : "Youtube10"








SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Really nice purchases! =) And I love the new blog layout...super cute! Hope you are feeling better...looking forward to your upcoming videos! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. these BB brown brushes look like they're really great quality. i already love the BB blender (face) brush so much check out these eye brushes too. thanks x

    ReplyDelete
  3. My hair is naturally black. Should I buy this Solano sleek flat iron? Will it be good for my hair?


    ReplyDelete

TWITTER INSTAGRAM FACEBOOK YOUTUBE EMAIL